Hi I Have an AMD based computer system that i would like add a DVR system to. I have contacted Geovision and Avermedia and they both say that their cards are not compatible with AMD chipsets, and advise to build a new pentium system. I dont want to do this and would like to avoid it at all costs as the system i have is only a couple of months old.

System specs are:-

Motherboard- Abit AT8 32X ATI CrossFire Xpress 3200 + ULI1575 chipset SKT939

chipset- AMD 580X CrossFire (ATI CrossFire Xpress 3200)

RAM - 2GB

HDD - 160GB

CPU - AMD Athlon x2 Core 4600+

Graphics Card - ATI RADEON X1300.

Does anyone know of a DVR card that will work with this setup or of any solutions to this issue.

Many Thanks

Hi

You could try a usb solution which should be chipset independant. I have a 4ch usb dvr which works fine,made by rapidos,link is rapidos com tw with dots in between as I cant post links until I have at least 10 posts.

Good luck.

Hi

You could try a usb solution which should be chipset independant. I have a 4ch usb dvr which works fine,made by rapidos,link is rapidos com tw with dots in between as I cant post links until I have at least 10 posts.

Good luck.

TOMCAT22 Please can you help me. I have the same system as you and i am about to throw it in the bin.

My PC well complies with the required specifications for the system I even have over 200GB spare space on my HD. I have top notch sound and video cards. However, the RapidOS USB2.0 has wrecked my PC twice now. It causes enormous problems whenever i use it. Basic functions simply do not work. It's so infuriating, as i get glimpses of the superb features of the product, so i am loathe to throw it away.

Would i be able to ask you a few questions as to how you've managed to set yours up and whether you've come across the hell i've encountered with the product?