Sign in to follow this  
sambo

AVTECH AVC777W files format

Hi all you CCTV gurus,

I am in Australia and just got a AVC777W.

It has 2 removable HDD bays and I would like to be able to remove 1 drive and view the last night recordings on my PC.

I have tied but windows do not see any file on the drive.

can any one know how to view the files?

Thanks

Hi, you will not be able to view any image from that HDD with your computer. Because the way the images were recorded is MJPEG format and it's different from the regular HDD you use with your computer. You cannot take the HDD and simply plug to your computer and expect to see anything.

In order to view it with your computer, the only way is to view it through internet and back up the file to your computer through Internet. Your system AVC777W is capable to connect to the internet, once you are connected, open the Applicaiton Software and then back up the file to your computer.

Hope it helps.

Hi, you will not be able to view any image from that HDD with your computer. Because the way the images were recorded is MJPEG format and it's different from the regular HDD you use with your computer. You cannot take the HDD and simply plug to your computer and expect to see anything.

In order to view it with your computer, the only way is to view it through internet and back up the file to your computer through Internet. Your system AVC777W is capable to connect to the internet, once you are connected, open the Applicaiton Software and then back up the file to your computer.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply.

I have talked to my suppler and he has let me upgrade to a AVC787D.

It is a big jump forward!!!

I just got it Today so am still playing with it.