frankfromcanada

Help!!!DVR cannot be accessed via Internet??/

I have been banging my head against the wall for 2 hrs here is my problem

Dvr (9 Channel) is connected and is accessable to all the computers on the network through the client software.

However i cannot access it through the internet

I have set up a dyn dns static host and it worked for a day and now it doesnt

I have set up a no-ip host thinking it may be the dyn dns it worked for 1 log in and then stopped

I have got the external ip and tested it in the client software and that didnt work either?

Could there be a firewall blocking me somewhere?????

The dvr works flawless and can be viewes over the network but not over the internet?????What am i missing here???

frank

Does the DVR require both TCP and UDP protocols to be forwarded? Also, check to make sure your gateway IP is set properly on the DVR. One more common lookover would be to make sure your DVR's IP address is within the DHCP range.

Give us your full network layout.

Thanks,

Yes it requires both TCP & UDP and both are checked off...I double checked the gateway (Linksys router) and the ip address everything looks fine....The network has 4 computers on it and it is a nine camera system

i used a static ip from dyndns & no-ip dot com ...

Update: I removed the DVR and brought it to my office hooked it in to my system and had it online (remote view) in no time it worked first shot....

Could it be a firewall? Norton/McAfee?????

Thanks Guys

Frank

What kind of internet connection do you have? Is it cable, dsl etc?

If you have a dsl connection, contact your isp and have ask them about bridging your modem, and router. If you have a somewhat knowledgeable tech on the phone, they will know exactly what to do. I've had a few customers with this problem, and bridging their connection has seemed to be a fix.