rory

Has anyone used this type of wire yet?

If you're using twisted pair wouldn't you require an additional plug/balun. While i'm here what is a balun, is it a CAT5 to BNC converter that you need at the end of a utp cable? Never seen this sort of cable, a company down here sells a plug/balun with video and power, and CAT5 cable's only around £25 for 305m, don't see the need for an additional DC cable.

You can use Baluns, but you only get video to 750' as they are Passive, or use an Active Receiver Hub, with an Active Transmitter, and you get up to 1.5 miles of video with no loss of quality.

Those dual Power Video plugs dont go too far, plus they are passive so you get the same quality video as if using Coax. So a RG59 Coax Siamese would be cheaper in that application.

I have installed over 4300 feet of it and I like it. One thing is the jacket is very thin and if your wire get snaged or caught on something sharp like a corner of a ceiling grid it will riptake a chunk out of the sheath.

Cable type was CC2416CM.

you've used a passive balun to 4300' and it works?

or was that a total of 4300' along other wires.

I have installed over 4300ft of wire total. I didn't say anything about anything passive. I was responding to a question on WEST PENN wire. and wire only.