nullvoid

Software to control Sensormatic Speed Dome Ultra IV

I've picked up a couple of Sensormatic Speed Dome Ultra IV cameras.

I'm in need of some software to control them - I'm currently using Kodicom which supports the Ultra 7 cameras but I'm having no luck using that protocol on my cameras. I've also tried Pelco and Vicon protocols but no response.

The cameras are powering up and going through their test sequence (boot ver 0103 Main Ver 0205), then once they've done that they report "checking network type" whic sending comms to the camera causes it to clear from the screen.

I've tried multiple RS485/RS422 adaptors in two computers and not getting any response. Comms is ok to the termination board andt the LEDs are indicating green / flashing red.

I see that Geovision supports the Sensormatic Speed Dome Ultra IV but I'm not even able to load it as the system doesn't have any compatable cards instaled.

The only other thing I can think is to purchase some updated firmware and hope I can use another protocol with the current software. I've read somewhere that the newer version of the camera support other common protocols such as Pelco and Vicon.

After a week of trying to get it to work I read the manual.

I needed to also specify the control port as well as the PTZ port (the PTZ was set) for it to work.

They work fine now.