nub101

CCTV signal to all my TVs

Hi guys, I have a 2nd hand DVR and 2 cameras system ( DVR has a Spot port and Monitor port). I have installed the system with no problem @ home. But, I was wondering instead of having the pictire being displayed on the monitor. Can I somehow tap it into my home cable TV and display this on a channel on my TVs?

I have see this work over @ my friends apt. building.

What is it called, where can I buy it, and what are your recommendations?

Tx

you need to insert the DVR output into a cable box combiner. this will convert the DVR output to a Cable signal.

example: Cable has channels 1 - 180. In order toinsert the video onto channel 61 you will also need to block out chanel 41 before you insert it, basically steal channel 41 and then use it via the modulator. Blocking a specific channel is expensive, equipment wise, so you need to block a range of channels, 61 thru 68.....

Call Jack at Channel Vision: 1-800-840-0288 He is technically able to tell you what you want and even sell it you.

I have the same sort of situation at my home. Coming out of my DVR, I "T'd" off the "monitor" output (75ohm) and went into my attic with the cable. I have setup both my living room TV and my bedroom TV by going into the AV1 RCA input jack on both TV's. The actual monitor and the DVR are in my office at home, but I took the output with RG59 into the attic and split it, basically. When I want to view outside, while watching TV , I take one of the remote controls and "flash" it to the incoming AV1, or AV2 inputs on the TV's. I will see the "quad mode" screen on either TV. I don't really notice that much video degrading, even though the signal is split.