danglerb

Saving images from a version 5.6.2 system

I've downloaded the GeoVision 8.1 manual, but the system I am trying to get some images off of is a version 5.6.2, and so far nothing obvious is working.

Archive to CD gives an error message related to no drive, but it has a liteon CDR drive as drive F:

Video Search I have figured out enough to get the half hour segment and camera I want, and I know the specific 45 second block where the main stuff happens, but the best I have been able to do is right click as the images play and save a single image to a desktop file.

Event is a hit and run accident in the parking lot, with more than half a dozen frames of the offending car in the middle, but the image is so fuzzy its hard make any kind of identification. The right click saved frame was 47k, and the 45 second blocks are about 1,500k so I am hoping the saved frame was in reduced quality.

Nobody working in the store has a clue about how this operates, and I don't want to mess anything up, but we need to ID the car soon.

System info, PC says DME on it, has no floppy, CDR on the front over a pull out hard drive carrier. Back has a couple of USB sockets, with a cable of unknown purpose in each and one more that isn't plugged in. Clicking the "HELP" brings up a "about" window showing version 5.6.2. When Nero Express is launched it asks me to select the drive, and the only option is a SCSI that I think is the main hard drive, so I closed the window.

My next idea to try is bringing in a laptop and connecting it via ethernet with a shared volume and saving a file to that.

Any general suggestions, or ideas on what I should use with the microsoft search function to locate the files I need? Is the block name that shows in the Video Panel search the name of a file in the video log?

Thanks for any help, or pointers to help.