darrentky

more than 30 camera installation.

Can anyone recommend me a surveillance system that can support up to 30 cameras? Standalone DVR, PC based DVRs, IP cameras, analogue cameras. Which one should I use?

Cheers

Hello,

They make 32 channell DVR's which i usually shy away from the ip camera's and DVRs when there is a lot of cameras. Having more "stuff" on the network just doesnt benefit me. Ip cameras have their place, but from a security standpoint it usually doesnt make sense.

aacomnj

We have done some 32 channel dvr jobs and from experience, I would recommend running dual 16 channel systems for better stability. But if you desire a 32 channel job, you can poke into Video Insight. However their software compression (standard res. recording) allows for 32 channel while their hardware compression (hi res. recording) allows for only 24 channels.

thanks for all your replies. I've been looking around for standalones and PC based DVRs in this forum for about 3 days, I'm actually keen on the PC based once because it seems like theres more features on them. The question is would all those features be used? All I want is to be able to monitor activity clearly (can see the facial features). record when theres movement (motion feature), and remote viewing for both LAN and over IP.

Does a good DVR means good video quality? If I choose a mediocre DVR but good quality cameras, this would mean that the cameras are not fully utilised right? I am confused over the specifications that I want to choose for both DVR and camera because I dont want to overspend. Overspend in things such as a DVRs with alot of features which will not be used eventually.

securitymonster also said that recommended me dual 16 channel systems. Does it mean that both are integrated and I can view both DVR in one big screen?

Securitymonster mentioned Panasonic stand alone DVRs. I have one and you can cascade multiple units up to I believe 64 cameras. I also believe you can do the same with some of the other stand alones. If you choose the stand alone rout, you will just have to choose one with that feature.

This would mean that I have to get two DVR that has has cascading feature. Would it actually be more cheaper if I go for PC based DVRs? If my memory serves me right, I've seen somewhere in this forum that PC based DVRs can support 32 cameras. Would this suffer from poor image quality?

Recently, I installed one 32-ch PC based system about 6 months ago. So far so good...

I used Tibet card. The only problem is you need a motherboard with 4 PCI slots. I have tried different ATI video cards and only X300 worked.