Rodeown

AV760 problems with remote viewing HELP please.

Well i got my av760 yesterday, set it up with my existing cams and it all works great, motion detecting etc.... but and there is always a butt...

the Video Server E application connects to the dvr but and shows one frame from the cams but then flickers for a few minutes with no change in the time that is listed but the frame rate and datarate goes up and down, the application then exits to desktop.

I have set up my 3com router (3CRWDR100A-72) in every possible combination i can think of with port fforwarding etc turned off firewalls both in windows and on router shut down kaspersky Ativirus etc etc but all to no avail. I tried by using IE and it connects but says "videoloss" i can use the Application and IE to connect to a friends DVR 760 in USA so it is obviously not the software at fault.

I have set the dvr up with dhcp and tried fixed "static" ip and made sure they were in the routers range but no joy yet.

I know i am missing something somewhere in the routers settings or in the DVR but i am about to give up.

I am going to try with DynDNs as i read on here somewhere that another guy managed to connect like that...... but.... that does not solve my main problem of my network not allowing the connection.

If anyone has any ideas or has come across this problem please let me know the cure

Hmmm obviously nobody has this problem, i set up an old netgear switch with one computer connected to try out the DVR760 it has no firewall or modem to complicate matters and have still got the same frozen video problem, strange thing is that i can use the IE login and it says video loss but i can make the dvr change from one camera to another or pull up the dvr menu which i can see on the dvr monitor screen but it will just not transmit the video over the network...... me thinks i maybe have a faulty dvr???

Any ideas anyone?

Wow it is sad when you have to reply to your own messages

Well i reinstalled a computer on my network yesterday and i can connect to the avtech760 through the ap software but unable to connect from within IE the video coming through the application is very flickery so it obviously has problems.

I decided to clear all of java off my other machine and reload the java that came on the cd which i did but still had no joy so i went into the control panel and enebled the JAVA CONSOLE below is what the console reports when i try to connect to the DVR with Firefox or IE:

run

First-login

true

request783

No init the LIFESHOW, the show time is set by user level

makeconnection

motion

Exception in thread "Thread-67" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOI markers

at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.readImage(Native Method)

at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.produceImage(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(Unknown Source)

To me it looks like my DVR may be sending non compatible mJpeg images ??????

I am not a techy so if anyone has any answers please feel free to help.

Replying to myself again, in the hope that it may help someone else.

I decided that there was probably a JAVA program conflict or something else messing with the camera viewing software and as i upgraded the hardrive in my laptop a few weeks ago i decided to do atotal fresh install on the old laptop drive just in case....

well the long and the short of it is that it has worked on a fresh install of windows xp home no service packs and no antivirus i can get the software to work flawlessly with the dvr across the network....

i am noiw in the process of installing all of the programs i use one by one then trying the camera software to find out which application is conflicting with it, i can then (hopefully) uninstall it from my new hard drive and get the camera software working on it. if not i will back up my files and do a fresh install on the new drive .

If anyone still has any ideas as to what could be causing this please reply.

Yippeeeee, i seem to have found one program that was causing some interference with the camera monitoring software....

Kaspersky antivirus, it monitors web traffic at all times and i found when i had installed it the picture in the camera software was glitchy and flickered.... i went into the kaspersky settings and instructed it not to monitor the two ports that the dvr670 uses need to do some tests to see if this has solved it on the other systems... ill be back.

Ok good to see you are getting somewhere with it .. sorry havent had much time to go through the forums recently ..

I never did like the Avtech client software, nor their browser app .. always had issues with it, and yes Java can have many problems also. A couple PCs i used would not even load the Java apps at all .. something was corupt. Best to try and get your hands on a new install of Java and see if that helps. I think their browser app was a mix of Java and ActiveX though right? If so, could be the security settings in IE or something corupt with IE .. that happens ... lots of time in the registry also .. fresh install should have fixed that though.

Hello rory, well you will be pleased to know that the problems was Kaspersky antivirus monitoring the port i had picked for the DVR to run on.

The 760 comes set on port 80 but it does tell you to change that during setup so me in my wisdom decided that port 1080 would be a good one to use for some reason.

Well it turns out that Kaspersky monitors that port constantly for malicious emails or something (also port 80).... soooo we have two ways around that problem.. number one was that i stopped kaspersky from monitoring the port and it solved the problem.... but then i thought " hmmmm maybe port 1080 is monitored for a good reason" so second way round was that i just reenabled the monitoring of port 1080 and changed the dvr to a totally different port that wasnt listed in kasperskys monitor list and voila... I now have a fully functioning DVR that i can monitor from anywhere in the house or the world as i have now set up the dyndns on it so i can keep an eye on things when im not home.

I just hope that my experiences with this help somebody else out, I have been ripping my hair out trying to find the soloution and i do feel good that i solved it myself by a process of elimination.