rory

Panasonic WV-CL924A Camera

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.spytown.com/pawvandwvcoc.html

Not cheap, but check out the specs on the page or in the PDF file, many features, I guess being a 1/2 inch camera makes the difference also.

Question is really, is it worth the price???

Also, here is a cheaper model, that is wide dynamic also as well as Day/Night

http://www.spytown.com/panwvandwvhi.html

Its a WD camera with Day/Night, and other features.

Rory

Hey Rory,

I have used this high end panasonic camera in a very critical applications. It is actually substantially better than the cp-474 version, which is only a 1/3" camera. Even though both use SDII technology (only panasonic have this technology), the CL-924A gives you substantailly more control and functionality specially in a pitch dark envronments and performs much better in light change and mixed lights configurations than any camera out there. It has a 1/2" imager and does provide the true day and night vision. Just make sure that you have a good quality 1/2" varifocal and autioris lens. It does cost more because it does have substantially better features and functions than the cp-474 model. If you need any additional info, please let me know.

Levon[/u]

Thanks for the reply. I imagine its a perfect match with the Extreme CCTV Infrared Lighting? Have you used it with any of the UF's yet?

Also, outdoors, how is it as far as the quality of the image, with cars, people, and low lighting, as far as comparing it to exview, how low light is the color before it switches to B/W?

Thanks

Rory

Rory,

I will not compare this camera with Extreme CCTV model. We used some of Extreme CCTV product and I am sorry to tell you that they are s....t. Besides being expensive, we were not to happy with their performance. The panasonic camera gave us the best results specially at night with moving vehicles, people movements and different lighing conditions. Actually, when we replaced the Extreme CCTVs camera with this one, the results were outstanding. If you look at the specs for the camera, it actually does deliver. The part that I really like about this model is that SDII provides the "mixture" of the high and low lights (does not get washed off as most if not all the cameras do) and when it switches to b&w, then all it requires is few candle light and illumination is enouph for a superb picture. Only one serious drawback for any panaonic equipment - warranty! Even though they provide 3 years warranty, there are no advance replacements and you will wait at least 4 to 6 weeks to have anything repaired...

Thanks,

Levon

When I say Extreme CCTV I am not comparing their normal cameras (which I myself do not use also), I am asking how does it work along with their Infrared LEDs. Extreme CCTV has the best Infrared Lighting Products in the world at this time for the average consumer (and even for Military use), and their Dual Infrared Day Night All in one cameras are excellent, I have used them.

But I am not talking about using their regular cameras like this here, as I myself do not, I only use their IR LEDs or Dual (2 cameras, 1 BW & 1 Color) all in one IR cameras, or B/W LRX cameras with Infrared, as they are really only designed for use with Infrared, not other applications.

In other words If I want to see 1200' in Pitch dark using 2 Extreme UF-600 IR Bulbs, how well does this pano camera perform with Infrared Lighting, and how well does it perform still in color mode in low light, compared to EXVIEW.

Basically I have used other Day Nights with the IR Leds but still get glare from Car Lights at night with street lights and in Pitch dark, It would be good to know how the SDII performs under IR lighting.

Thanks

Rory