|Oz CCTV|

Has anyone ever used this DVR before.

Hate to be Biased, but the Kobi Gear is not all that great, The Geoviion unit is much better and not that much more expensive at all.

My site is on the banner and if you are here in OZ I can sort you out

Some of your DVR's look ok, what OS does your PC based DVRs run on. As a supplier how do your trade prices stack up against Kobi, Ademco, Alarmcom & Bosch.

From some recent tests, Linux DVRs are not as stable as they claim to be, very frequent lock ups on several Linux DVRs, cheap ones.

We basically sell 6 DVR types

Geovision the flagship! This is an awesome DVr and the best on market to date, by a long shot! uses XP Pro or XP home

Avermedia Reasonable quality DVR has quite a few bells and whistles but not as good as Geovision there is a linux version as well but in truth it is not all that more stable

Huper Labs excellent cost effective DVR, has limited feature set but good recording quality, not as good as Geo but as good as Aver.

4 ch Standalone.. little box, has a few bells and whistles, very very cheap, has motion detection and can be used with addiitonal webserver for internet access, I have just heard today that they have changes the webserver again, so looks promising for a very cheap price tag.

16Ch Standalone, just like the others, Kalatel etc, really it is a micro PC, embedded but not as good as the Kalatel, much cheaper because Kalatel is way overpriced, not very fond of this unit and we are looking into other options. It has flash back up and USB reader, has mouse control as well, does not have CD Backup, remote software is not bad.

Smart DVR not all that smart really, a fair way behind in development but very affordable, would be the equivelant of the Kobi type gear

Kobi prices would be about the same if not cheaper but I only sell Japanese and Korean cameras and only reputable brands, the rest would be much more expensive indeed.

All you need to do is Register to find out pricing!

To be honest tom, I really do not know, I have only sold a few, the one I benched actually fualted, so I do not promote them much, have sold thousands and thousands of Geo and very few problems, so i do not push the Aver Linux version much