ipProTech

License plate viewing for night time

What is the best camera to use for being able to view a license plate at night. I have a client that lives out in the middl of know where with no light. The have one way in on the road they live and they want to identify license plates that come up the road. Are we talking IR or some other kind? Probably lookin to use a GeoVision card...

Any help would be great.

What is the best camera to use for being able to view a license plate at night. I have a client that lives out in the middl of know where with no light. The have one way in on the road they live and they want to identify license plates that come up the road. Are we talking IR or some other kind? Probably lookin to use a GeoVision card...

Any help would be great.

Extreme CCTV EXREG, various units for different distances - not cheap though.

depends on what you are after...Baxhall makes some good cameras that have inversion, this blocks out the white from headlights, havent tried it but I have heard it is pretty good, the best one to use would have to be the Japanese Wide Dynamic by Ganz, you can set the area for wide dynamic and has electronic shutter speeds and programable back light compensation, so covers everything, best part is that it sees colour at low light..

http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/ganz/cams/csmount/csindex.html

model is ZCR-WDR