Agent_Jay23

GE...Pelco PTZ

Can a GE or Pelco PTZ work on a Sanyo DVR? I know it might seem like a dumb question but PTZ's are expensive and I dont wanna end up buying one of those particular brands to connect to a Sanyo DVR, And not being able to fully control the PTZ.... Would those PTZ work any different on a different DVR?

For Example...

Would a GE PTZ work better on a GE DVR or would it work the same on a Sanyo DVR or any other DVR to be exact

And, If i got a Pelco PTZ to work on a Sanyo DVR.. Would i need a Pelco Controller?

I cant speak for Pelco, but for Ge ...

If the Sanyo DVR supports the Kalatel Protocol, then it will work with the GE CyberDomes. If it does not, you can still use the GE Legend PTZ and set it to Pelco Protocol. The CyberDome only uses the Kalatel Protocol.

You could use a Generic/Sanyo Controller (not sure what they offer) for the Legend if set to Pelco Protocol, but you will not get the same speed out of it as you would if using the GE Controller and the Kalatel Protocol. When using the Kalatel Protocol and the GE controller, you get the full speed, without it and using a Generic/Other controller, it has a slower response.

I hooked up a GE Legend PTZ to an Eclipse PC based DVR and used the Eclipse Controller, which is why I know this. Also have in the past connected a GE CyberDome using the GE Controller and the kalatel Protocol with a GeoVision PC based DVR, and had full speed. Basically it is what I experienced, and also what GE told me at the time.

I cant speak for Pelco, but for Ge ...

If the Sanyo DVR supports the Kalatel Protocol, then it will work with the GE CyberDomes. If it does not, you can still use the GE Legend PTZ and set it to Pelco Protocol. The CyberDome only uses the Kalatel Protocol.

You could use a Generic/Sanyo Controller (not sure what they offer) for the Legend if set to Pelco Protocol, but you will not get the same speed out of it as you would if using the GE Controller and the Kalatel Protocol. When using the Kalatel Protocol and the GE controller, you get the full speed, without it and using a Generic/Other controller, it has a slower response.

I hooked up a GE Legend PTZ to an Eclipse PC based DVR and used the Eclipse Controller, which is why I know this. Also have in the past connected a GE CyberDome using the GE Controller and the kalatel Protocol with a GeoVision PC based DVR, and had full speed. Basically it is what I experienced, and also what GE told me at the time.

How can I find out if the Sanyo DVR supports the Kalatel Protocol? Because id love to use a GE CyberDome.. And as for the controller, Id use a GE. I’d use everything else as GE except the DVR because I can’t find people to buy them because “their so expensiveâ€

you'd need to either check the manual or data sheet and see if it has the PTZ protocols listed, if not, would need to send Sanyo an Email and ask them.

you'd need to either check the manual or data sheet and see if it has the PTZ protocols listed, if not, would need to send Sanyo an Email and ask them.

I cant find anything about protocols in my manuals and spec sheets. I guess i'll have to call or email them. Im sure someone else on this forum knows about Sanyo's protocols.

Ok thats it, you are stuck with Pelco or Sanyo protocols.

The GE Legend PTZ can be set to Pelco, though you cant use the GE controller with it.

Ok thats it, you are stuck with Pelco or Sanyo protocols.

The GE Legend PTZ can be set to Pelco, though you cant use the GE controller with it.

I guess so. How good are the Legend Domes?