stick2itkid

HELP with a Pelco DD5AC wiring, please

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone have the pinout on the 22 pin connector on a Pelco DD5AC that they like to share.

Any help or direction would be appreciated. This is my first PTZ unit that I just received.

Thank you,

stick2itkid.

Do you know that is a discontinued product? The original back box was a BB5. I believe that it will not work in a Spectra IV back box. You might contact Pelco at 1-800-289-9100 and ask for Spectra tech support.

Thank you for the info, survtech.

If I understand you correctly the back box is needed for the DD5AC to be interfaced to operate. Looking at some pics on ebay it looks like it houses the voltage regulator and other components for communication.

I may have had the wrong impression that the 22 pin connector on the DD5AC was for easy installation and can be used directly for the control cable. I guess there is no way around this? The hunt goes on for a BB5.

stick2itkid

Yes, the back box has interfaces and mounting for the dome drive (what you have) and power, video and control connections. There were a number of BB5's - indoor (BB5A), indoor pendant (BB5-PG, BB5-PB) and outdoor environmental pendant (BB5-PG-E), among others.

Strictly speaking, the Pelco back box is not needed to use the dome drive but you would have to find a way to hold the drive. There are also some other parts in the back box (a fuse, filters, connectors for aux functions, and a fan to cool the electronics in the drive)

I strongly suggest calling Pelco. They have always had very good support.

Thank you again survtech for the info. I'II give Pelco a call to see if the back box is still available for the DD5AC and the cost. I found a somewhat service/install/owners manual on the net but some info is missing.

This camera was still working when pulled ...... hmmmmm. Who knows until it's powered up.

Thank you again. Much wiser now.

Hi survtech,

Called Pelco today and yes they are very nice people to deal with.

Although they do not have detail info on the 22 pin connector on the DD5AC nor the back box for public use. They only service these units at their location. As you know some service manuals are almost impossible to locate. They did send me info on what back box units to use on the DD5AC.

I will use reverse engineering and trace the lines back from the plug to the PCB components. Being a electronic technician for 40 years, I may just find the function of the pins. The chase will be interesting.

Take Care,

stick2itkid