dvrdog

Dedicated Micros - Bootloader Error?

We're using a DM Digital Sprite 2 system and are getting the following error message when trying to access via web interface:

"Engineering Bootloader - No web server available"

Can anyone shed a little light on possible causes? Firmware issue maybe? Failing harddrive?

Thanks for any input!

First thing DM tech support will ask you is to do a hard reset which will return the unit to fresh factory settings.

Google the manual online, or get it off DM's website. Do the hard reset, set up the remote view data, and try it then.

Not sure what your experience is with the unit, or if you have a security company that installed it. If thats the case, I'd check with them before doing a reset.

Also, while DM's tech support was fast and friendly... last time I called them they ended up sending me two DM DS2s, and both had the same problem... turns out that the manual said I could do a framerate of 1/50,000 and in reality the unit got unstable and repeatedly crashed with anything above a framerate of 1/3,000! Beta testers never got that info to the writers Yea, that made the client who wanted a time lapse real happy I think tech support finally realized their problem on my 7th call and after checking 3 DMs.

Thanks for the reply UMDRanger!

We were finally able to get the unit running again by rebooting both the dvr and the router. Seems that the server was getting hammered by multiple dictionary-type password hacks...not a real threat, but taxing on the server. We've restricted access by IP and that seems to have solved the problem.

RE: DM support - tech support folks are very friendly, but overall I'm quite disappointed with the documentation provided by DM. I've downloaded all of the relevant manuals, but they seem to just barely scratch the surface of the unit's capabilites.

What I'd really like to see is some good examples of webcam integration...maybe even some code examples or list of recommeded java applets for viewing FTP image uploads. Previously we were running some Axis units that integrated very nicely with web apps, but the DM set up really seems to be lacking in that area, IMHO. Maybe I just need to spend a little more time exploring the capabilities.

Anyway, thanks your input!!