wmcnulty66

Is this system any good?

Geovision Mini Cube WEC-MINI-B

This is the one that is slowing my network down.

I have a cable modem, business line. Connected to a Linksys BEFSX41 then to a D-Link 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch, Model DSS-8+, then to the Geovision Mini Cube WEC-MINI-B three other pc's and two thermal printers with printservers.

I am viewing it through the web cam, and it slows down the rest of the network whenever I connect. 1, 2 or multi 16 cameras. I have not been able to test the bandwith yet but when i am not looking at the webcam network is flying.

I have all of the other network servers on this system turned off and the bandwith setting down to 5 on webcam server, and it is not making any difference.

Would one of the other servers be better for remote viewing?

Its a custom built PC from an online store ..

3Ghz P4, 512DDR, Intel 865 chipset ..

I dont know how its specs will be slowing down your network though, unless it is loaded with malware or viruses ..

Looks like a pretty old system, maybe look at an upgrade if the company can afford it. Otherwise best to do a reformat and reload windows and geo. You could clean it up but its been a while, I would just do a fresh installation.

It was just purchased a month and a half ago. It hasn't been used for anything but survalence. It shouldn't have anything on it.

I had it upgraded to xp pro and 1gb memory. It has 2-300GB sata drives.

With Geo's remote viewer, you can change the image sizes 640x480 or 320x240. The smaller image sizes greatly reduces network traffic.

It was just purchased a month and a half ago. It hasn't been used for anything but survalence. It shouldn't have anything on it.

I had it upgraded to xp pro and 1gb memory. It has 2-300GB sata drives.

Its still a very old chipset ... Granted there is a markup, the parts they include in the PC side of it, are very very cheap right now, in fact that would be listed as a very budget PC.

There will be a restocking fee, but it's no good to us if we cannot view it remotely.

Would the QOS service of XP pro make any difference?