Seymore

help with logon to Netpromax card anyone?

I need to know what I am supposed to type in to access my card over internet. My Netpromax is set up fine and works over LAN but I am unable to see it over Internet.

Thanks for any help.

Seymore.

According to the user's manual "In general, open ports 2002~2004 on the server or router. You can alter port numbers in Network window of the Setup. Open ports on network respectively after you change ports on the server." Did you try opening these ports on your router? It will be under a tab called 'port forwarding' or similar. You just need to put in those port numbers (a range of 2002-2004) and the IP address of your DVR.

Then from the internet, you need to use the fx-client to access the DVR remotely and use the outside IP address of your router. You can also get this from your router configuration screen.

Again, according to the manual: "FX DVR server is capable of handling any network environment. FX-Client software is required to connect to FX DVR. No web browser connection is supported at this time" Which means you must use the client and not a simple browser connection.

Andy