lumberslayer

KEY PRO ERROR

I have a Geovision GV800-16 D Type card Ver 3.01.

Here is my problem..

The power supply fan seized which caused XP do do various hard reboots. An screwed up the OS.

I reinstalled the OS. And installed the 5.4 drivers, followed by the main geovision software 5.4.

All the drivers had been installed, rebooted first than the main geovision software was applied.

Now when i try to launch the software. I get keypro error, check drivers.

The card is installed an seen in XP, with all the drivers.

Am i doing something wrong? for the GV800-16 version 3.01 card?

Which software do i need for 3.01? Or any ideas? This system was fine an stable before for 7 months. The motherboard etc is not the problem here.

Any gurus with some advice? My store has no security now since my system went down. An soonest i can contact somone is on monday in flordia where i bought this system.

I really need it fixed before than!

Thanks

I have a Geovision GV800-16 D Type card Ver 3.01.

Here is my problem..

The power supply fan seized which caused XP do do various hard reboots. An screwed up the OS.

I reinstalled the OS. And installed the 5.4 drivers, followed by the main geovision software 5.4.

All the drivers had been installed, rebooted first than the main geovision software was applied.

Now when i try to launch the software. I get keypro error, check drivers.

The card is installed an seen in XP, with all the drivers.

Am i doing something wrong? for the GV800-16 version 3.01 card?

Which software do i need for 3.01? Or any ideas? This system was fine an stable before for 7 months. The motherboard etc is not the problem here.

Any gurus with some advice? My store has no security now since my system went down. An soonest i can contact somone is on monday in flordia where i bought this system.

I really need it fixed before than!

Thanks

Why not try with 6.05 software/drivers?

http://www.dvr.no/published/Geovision/

There you find the software and drivers.

JD

Why am i getting this error when the proper drivers and program are installed? Is there a key reg that was installed in my system during the install?

This system was all pre loaded.

is the Key installed in the PC (parallell/USB)? Did it have one before?

If so, are the drivers installed for that? Are the Card drivers also installed correctly in Device Manager?

Why am i getting this error when the proper drivers and program are installed? Is there a key reg that was installed in my system during the install?

Could it be a pirat copy you have, so that when installing unmodified Software you get that error?

JD

Could it be a pirat copy you have, so that when installing unmodified Software you get that error?

JD

Not a pirated card! The enitre system was $2800. All legit. Like i said the whole system was installed with the software and was not given any geovision CD.

What key are you talking about usb or parallel? My card is a gv800-16 Version 3.01 so i highly doubt it had a key for it than it is a 2004 card!

The software was legit on it before! Just from the crash something went bonkers. Hence i reformatted the OS drive and tried to reinstall. That is when i had issues!

The drivers are the correct ones, XP even sees the Geovison GV-800.

What does keypro mean anyways?

Is there a reg file that needs to be installed before it works? Kinda at a loss here. Worst case scenario is i have to call Flordia in the AM where i bought the system from.

Any other ideas?

Older cards used a Key, which is the error you are getting. How old is it? Basically I started with Software version 6 and that required a USB key, Version 7.0 did not and havent used it since.

However, if it was a Legit card, you should have been given the software on CD, as the card comes with that along with a big fat book

i BOUGHT THE SYSTEM LAST YEAR BUT THE CARD WAS A 2004 MODEL SO I GOT A BETTER PRICE!

SO HOW DO I GET THIS KEY THAN SINCE THE SUPPLIER I GOT IT FROM WILL OBVIOUSLY HAVE IT?

cAN HE JUST SEND ME THE FILE SO I CAN FIRE IT BACK UP?

I GOT THE BOOK JUST NO SOFTWARE.

If it didnt come with a key then it doesnt need one .. if its legit that is. Normally the hacked ones dont use a key I think. Is the book a Geo book, white, does it have the Geo Logo on the front and say GeoVision, or is it a plain white book.

Definitely I would contact the supplier. Otherwise you can try one of the other Geo Distributors and see if they can recommend anything.

Rory

No need to check the update tool!

I don't have a Sic USB key, nor do i have the USB dongle. My card is a D type.

The software i can run max is 6.1.0.3

Remember my card version is D type version 3.01 cards 3.30 and newer can update no problems.

No need to check the update tool!

I don't have a Sic USB key, nor do i have the USB dongle. My card is a D type.

The software i can run max is 6.1.0.3

Remember my card version is D type version 3.01 cards 3.30 and newer can update no problems.

The Paralell dongle that Rory is mentioning is on system early Version 4 and before.

6.1.0.3 is that the beta? Because Geovision state that 6.05 is higest without dongle, I think it is V3.30 that you need to run higher like 8.

JD

yeah let us know, also from my dealings with distributors in Miami, it seems there's a distributor or 2 there selling the pirated cards.

yes thats also a possibility ..

So a new new one or just a new replacement for that model?

Same version3.01

Along with a new motherboard.

Was overnighted, so up and running!

It was a combination of motherboard and card!

The motherboard sees that card but the pci would only work when it wanted to as well! Cheap PC Chips board was in it before now running on a Asus A7N8x-e deluxe!

Same version3.01

Along with a new motherboard.

Was overnighted, so up and running!

It was a combination of motherboard and card!

The motherboard sees that card but the pci would only work when it wanted to as well! Cheap PC Chips board was in it before now running on a Asus A7N8x-e deluxe!

Glad it worked out and also your dealer prooved themself as well, with replacementand quick shipment!

JD

Cool, yeah if you had mentioned it was a PC Chips motherboard from the get go ... we would have told you right away

But yeah I just had a PC DVR, a different brand card, where it was working fine for the past couple years, then stopped. Basically drivers would install okay but when you opened the program it would not see the card .. basically bad PCI bus on the mobo as the card worked in other PCs.

Rory