mlongue1

Samsung GVI SSC14WEB networking problems...

Samsung GVI SSC14WEB networking problems... friend has one of these systems, and we are having trouble connecting it to the internet... current network is centered around a D-Link DI-604 wired router, through a DSL modem, do not remember the brand name, but the Bellsouth DSL system currently runs very well, so there is no problem there... One of the problems is that the SSC14WEB Manual instructions are not very clear, and somewhat confusing, and even though I have done networking in the past, this is not clicking in my head... do not know whether to run this under Static IP, Dynamic IP(DHCP), or under PPPoE(ADSL), as the Manual instructions are confusing everyone... Another problem is that there is no way for me to tell the original IP address of the unit, as they were inputting many different IP addresses while attempting to get it to run, and now cannot remember the original numbers... is there a way to just reset the onboard server to default?... this would clear all current settings and restore the default settings... the last section of the Manual shows the connections through 4 different routers, and the D-Link router shown is the DI-624, which is the wireless version of the DI-604, the router he has, so it should work, I would think. I had previously owned the DI-604 (wired), good little router, and it is exactly like the DI-624(wireless), all settings are the same, but I do not know which network connection to use... anyway, thanks in advance, any possible help is greatly appreciated, and have a super day/week/weekend...

Hello I am working on one of these right now! My problem is how to record all 8 channels with a DVR? Any way I would use static ip, that way it never changes, so you can find it, and it can be any address. if you have a pc on the network, open cmd window and type ipconfig /all. this will tell you ip scheme, the gateway etc... then (on ssc14web) just go into menu, pick static ip address, and set it to one in the scheme that isn't being used. ie (192.168.1.50) where the gateway is 192.168.1.1 (or any number, as long as you input the correct info) from the ipconfig /all info. Tehn open your ie browser and put h tee tee pee://192.168.1.50:80, into the address bar. (80 being the default port, unless you changed it) it will want you to login, default user and password are: root root , for both. it will then load the software, and it may need you to allow popups from that address. then load the software and restart browser.. put the address in and log on, and it should work. the ip address can be any that you want it to be, as long as it not being used on the network. good luck0....If you know how to connect a dvr and record all 8 cameras, let me know...ok?

thanks

mjharris00