connectingproblem to gv webcamserver over the internet

Systhem gv1480 router dlr635

connecting over the Lan with the host IP adres is no problem

connecting over the internet with the same IP doesn't work

Port forwarding en putting the host comp in the DMZ doesn't work

can sombody help me

Thanks

Carl

make sure the webcam port is not being blocked by your ISP, some block port 80. Maybe change it to 81 or another, re port forward that, then try again.

Rory

Carl, tell me where this goes wrong.

The PC that has the GV1480 is attached to your D-LINK DIR635 has gets assigned a dynamic IP address of say 192.168.0.100. When you connect to the webcamserver from another PC on the same lan it works fine and you see the webcam.

Now you go into the Port Forwarding page on the router and set up 192.168.0.100 with TCP enabled, Port 80 and inbound filter 'allow all'. Also, you check the WAN IP address of your router and find out that your outside IP address is something like 65.5.65.5 (i made that up).

Now, from a PC outside of your location, you go into a web browser and bring up 65.5.65.5 hoping to see the webcam - does it work?

As Rory suggests, you can change it to use another port such as 8080 on the web server, then you need to configure that port in the port forwarding and finally you need to use http://65.5.65.5:8080 to view the page.

Andy

Also, you can test it first by using Telnet.

Goto Command Prompt, type in Telnet IP PORT, eg:

C:>TELNET 10.10.10.10 80

If it fails then the port is not open, or the IP is not valid.

Systhem gv1480 router dlr635

connecting over the Lan with the host IP adres is no problem

connecting over the internet with the same IP doesn't work

Port forwarding en putting the host comp in the DMZ doesn't work

can sombody help me

Thanks

Carl

Also some ISP use a WAN IP adress as a "pool" and put many customers behind that IP, so then you must contact them and ask for them to put on a single ip adress.

I dont know your Router personally but some need you to open the PORTS in the Firewall on the router and also use NAT to forward them. Also remember that you may have a FIREWALL on the Windows XP.

Hope this may help....

JD

my thanks to Rory, Andy and JD with the combined info i have a connection with the webcam server.

My ISP "telenet" blocks all ports below 1024. The standart port of the GV webcamserver is 80. When I increase to a port above 1024 solved the problem.

My best regards

Carl