Sign in to follow this  
techmob

which cameras

i am looking at getting a gv 650 4 cam card

will need 2 cameras to compliment this system, ones that can give me nice enough picture quality for the 2 channels @ 25fps

i would need to use them in the night, one would be on the side of the house, aiming down my path towards the bottom and back garden, probably looking at 10-15 metres until you reach the bottom of my garden. basically i have an wall and the other side of that is a footpath, and recently found people climbing that wall and upto no good at the bottom of my garden, even though the wall is about 10 ft. i will have a security light in the back garden which is set to catch any movement which would help with the cameras lighting i think

on the front of the house i would have my other camera, and this will be looking over my car and part of the front garden.there are street lights near my house, so it will not be very dark, but again i could also add some lighting if needs be

not sure which cameras to go for, obviously nothing to expensive, but something good enough to recognise people and be good enough to compliment the 25fps geovision card i would have, giving nice live monitoring

possibly £100 - £150 on both?

just not sure what spec i should be looking at to suit my needs

i do not want the cameras to be huge and stand out. so nice and descreet would be better i think

anyone have any suggestions

thanks

I would recommend cameras that have 420 or more TV Lines (best 480 or more, but that might go over your budget).

Since you are using it outdoor make sure the ones you get are weatherproofed (or place the cameras in outdoor housings).

Although you want to use them at night, but since the locations already have lights, I would suggest something WITHOUT IR leds (instead get cameras with better sensors).

To be discreet, you can go with a bullet camera.

if you can accept bigger cameras, then a box type camera placed in housings might be a better choice. Box type cameras tend to have better specs at the same price range compare to bullet cameras.