Javik

Video/Power Balun for 6-pin CAT3 Exxis cameras?

Does anyone know where I can find a 6-pin Exxis-compatible CAT-3 video/power balun?

We don't have a lot of money for an all-at-once upgrade, and so I am trying to piecemeal a slow upgrade from old time-lapse VCR's to better equipment. I'm starting on the right foot with a high quality GV-2008, but that's about all I can manage in this year's budget.

We have these old B&W all-in-one Exxis 4-camera systems, with power, video, and audio all in one 6-pin CAT3 cable. As part of the Exxis system it couldn't have been simpler... the CAT3 RJ-45 plugs into the back of the monitor, which supplies power to the cameras and handles video switching.

I am trying to transfer these cameras onto a standard 12v 16-camera power supply, with BNC outputs for the GV-2008. While I could just hack the RJ45 off the end and splice the cables, that seems a very crude and unprofessional way to wire this.

I've been looking all over the place but I cannot find a prewired 6-pin video balun that splits off the video onto a BNC, and has DC / audio terminals, and matches this 6-pin wiring style.

Have you found a converter for you problem yet? I'm looking for the same thing.

Does anyone know where I can find a 6-pin Exxis-compatible CAT-3 video/power balun?

We don't have a lot of money for an all-at-once upgrade, and so I am trying to piecemeal a slow upgrade from old time-lapse VCR's to better equipment. I'm starting on the right foot with a high quality GV-2008, but that's about all I can manage in this year's budget.

We have these old B&W all-in-one Exxis 4-camera systems, with power, video, and audio all in one 6-pin CAT3 cable. As part of the Exxis system it couldn't have been simpler... the CAT3 RJ-45 plugs into the back of the monitor, which supplies power to the cameras and handles video switching.

I am trying to transfer these cameras onto a standard 12v 16-camera power supply, with BNC outputs for the GV-2008. While I could just hack the RJ45 off the end and splice the cables, that seems a very crude and unprofessional way to wire this.

I've been looking all over the place but I cannot find a prewired 6-pin video balun that splits off the video onto a BNC, and has DC / audio terminals, and matches this 6-pin wiring style.