rory

Bullet camera dying

okay, when i first powered it up, it stayed up, a minute or so, then died.

Brought it home, some many hours later, powered it up and it did the same thing again. When you repower it up right afterwards there is nothing, it seems like it is shorting out or something? I cut back the piggy back cable far back just a couple feet from the camera, and powered it up like that and it worked but died once again. This was after maybe 5 minutes from before.

Seems like a short in the camera's power board itself? Should I try to open it up, it is very hard, tight. It is a mini bullet camera. I can get the front opened where the lens is, but the back is a different story.

I cant afford to send this back as I have to finish this job this week and shipping time would be next week sometime for a new one, or I will have to replace it with one of my own, but I made nothing on parts client bought his own.

Rory

Have you tried measuring the voltage going in, up to and beyond the point where it shuts down? It may give you a clue as to what is going on.

With a brand new camera, I would have thought it's more likely to be a dry joint, or a component going open circuit after its warmed up. Either way, if you can't get it open, there's not a lot you can do with it.

Power supply o.k.?

hi, i am getting 12 volts, well 13 from the multi power supply. Yes tried diferent power supplies.

It goes down so quick no time for that. Yep I cant get the part open that has the power in it, its too darn small!

As a new camera, I can only imagine it is shorting on the camera board, which I cant get to.

Rory

If the job needs to be done and the equipment came from the client, i would offer to sell them a camera or let them order a new one and then go back out and change it when it arrives, it would be a differnt story if the equipment came from you.

peter