mjaya

Night Club Situation

Hi,

I have install Boss camera in a night club, when I looking under the display mode of the digital video recorder pictures are clear. when I look at the recorded information it look pixerlated. is this any thing to do with camera or digital video recorder.But when the cameras get some lighting from night club cameras recorded picture is clear. please let me know which kind of a camera I should install and which candition it should be....

Could be a whole lot of things, but probably is because your live display iuses digital signal processing to enhance the quality, recorded images are always less clear because they are compressed, looks bad with low TV Line cameras, your camer probably looks better when light comes in because of its signal to noise ratio. could also be the setting on the DVR for your camera.

Different cameras are for different uses, first tell us what your lighting is like and what results you want and what DVr you are using, Pixilation can also be because of poor interlacing and often because a small image recorded resoluiton can be stretched to view on playback, is ther a higher resolution setting and can you make adjustments on your DVr for Birghtness etc and Gain control.

Try turning on the AGC switch on your camera or adjusting the DC trimpot

Sounds alot like the DVR quality setting is not to the highest. For example an Everfocus DVR comes mid by default and has to be changed to Superior for highest quality recording. Otherwise you should notice the pixelisation in live view also.

Exview color cameras will no doubt pixelise in a night clubs lighting also. I had exview cameras in a night club here in the start but we switched them out to BW and they are very clear now. Exview will allow you to see, but with those dim lights such as at the bar, it will not be as crisp as a B/W camera. We have 10 x.1 (0.02) lux B/W Bullet cameras installed around the bars, entrance and dance floors, and I am amazed at how clear they are, for the price especially.

Try what DVR said first, then if they are still pixelising, look at going B/W if you are not already.

Rory