keno

Opinions on Speco's CVC-6700 and CVC-627 cameras

Hello,

I would like to get your opinions on speco's CVC-6700 and CVC-627 cameras. I have a 627, and currently not that satisified with it especially in low light. Seems that the ir's are over powering it causing everything to be washed out and also grainy. Haven't tried it in bright light yet since it's currently mounted in a room with limited light. Is this normal for this camers? Is the 6700 a better camera, or should I expect the same type of results? Also these are listed as day/night. Are they truly day/night cameras?

Thank you in advance

Going by the specs from their website and others only, as not used either:

The 627 is a budget Color Infrared camera, not True Day Night .. so dont expect too much out of that, if anything it may be okay for inside a room or where quality is not important.

The 6700 isnt much better and is a color only camera; its also a 1/4" and same low resolution of 420TVL (380-400 probably). If anything it is a budget color camera, with a high price tag. For a couple dollars more you can buy a True Day Night bullet under a different OEM name.

I do not know why they are calling it a Day/Night camera though, when the specks clearly say it has a Minimum Illumination of 1.0 lux.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=256

However if you view the Data Sheet from the link above, it says Color, not Day Night, so seems to be a misprint on their part.

Rory

I agree with Rory. You may wish to find a different camera if you're looking for a true day/night.

What is the current light level in the scene? Is it 0 light? Or moon light level (1 lux)..?