outrun

All this trouble and it is the cable?

Someone please explain this to me. I have 3 cameras up and was adding a 4th one tonight. Here is the run down.

I bought 300' of BNC to BNC High Performance 75ohm cable made by Swann. That is what it says anyway. Says it is for use with CCTV cameras that are High def.

Well since I only had 3 cameras hooked up at the time I ran this 300 feet of cable out only about 25 feet to a camera and left the rest on the spool. Well the camera looked really white and blurry. I could never get it clear so I just figured it was a bad camera.

Well tonight it was time to put another camera up 300' feet out. So I disconnected the 300' foot wire that was hooked to the camera that was only 25 feet away and hooked up the camera that was 300' feet out. Then I took 25 foot of cable that I had and hooked the 25 foot camera up to it. Guess what.

Now the camera that is 300' out looks like crap. It's very white and looks blurry. Well that is that cable that was on that 25' camera. So, the camera at 25' now looks great with a new cable and the one 300' looks bad. Did I get the wrong cable or what? These are just black and white cameras. They are not high def cams but I can't imagine that would make a difference.

Probably bad wire, or a terminating issue with the camera and whatever monitor you are viewing it on.

Wire typically used for CCTV is RG59 Coax Copper Solid Center and Copper Braid.

Probably bad wire, or a terminating issue with the camera and whatever monitor you are viewing it on.

Wire typically used for CCTV is RG59 Coax Copper Solid Center and Copper Braid.

Yeah it says RG59 but man is it bad. Is Swann cable any good. 300' for 30 bucks.