Ed T.

Greetings from the new guy in Bergen County, NJ!!

Howdy all. I'm so happy I finally came across this forum. I don't know why I didn't find it before as it appears to have been in existence at least as long as I've been searching.

I've been piecing together information about CCTV systems from various sources for years now so I've got no doubts that I have a surplus of incorrect information and false 'truths' awaiting to be corrected.

The plan is (and has been for way longer than I'd like to admit) to set up a series of 8 cameras around my house for both security and general peace of mind reasons (where are the kids? where are the dogs? OMG, is that a team of Ninjas?, etc..).

I've been in the planning stages for this way too long, so I finally decided to start off, even if I do everything wrong, with a couple of cameras and learn on the way. I figure that even if I completely screw this up, I'll at least have the cables run.

SO, before I scamper off to beleaguer you all with tons of questions in other threads, I'll tell a bit about myself. I'm 41, married, have two sons and am a software engineer specializing in manufacturing EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) systems automation. My hobbies include collecting traffic signals and old road signs, documenting local history from in and around my town, home maintenance and general DIY projects.

Cheers,

Ed T.