cctvmeister

How much hard drive space is required for DVR recording?

How to calculate capacity of hard drive for 4ch real time DVR, the supplier suggest i purchase hard drive local, and it support 2x300GB driver in maximum, are those for one year last ? and how much for them ?

How to calculate capacity of hard drive for 4ch real time DVR, the supplier suggest i purchase hard drive local, and it support 2x300GB driver in maximum, are those for one year last ? and how much for them ?

Try the Diskspace Calculator here, it should give you a rough idea.

Generally I'd say go for the most drive space you can afford - you can never have too much.

There is no way for any of us to tell you. It will depend on the DVR used, its compression methods, camera size and quality settings, color or BW cameras, whether motion or continuous record is used and if motion how much movement, etc.

Lets put it this way, 300Gb should get you at least 7 days, maybe even 1 month, or 2, it will vary greatly. I would suggest you start with 250 then goto more if you need it. However, I dont get why they are limiting it to 600GB, when hard drives come in 500GB as well, and then there are also 750s and 1Tb models.

They could be limiting the size of the HDD due to how the BIOS was written, also as to the max size tested with the system.

I don't know of any current PC based motherboard Bios that limits that though. Unless this is not a Windows based PC, it should just accept any size Hard Drive?