paranoid

DTL 940e + wavereader 3.0 over wireless ethernet ?

Hello all,

Ive been looking for a forum like this for ages and glad I found this one

I have a Baxall DTL 940e which is almost identical to the GE / Kalatel dvr's, and has the same mobo and firmware. I have just linked the DTL up via Ethernet cable and wavereader 3.0 and it seems ok but I wish to view the images / feed from several pc's running wavereader.

I have a wireless network with a wireless broadband router, if I plug the ethernet cable from the DTL straight into the wireless router will I be able to tell wavereader to get the video feed from the wireless input ??

Cant see any settings in wavereader to allow this.

Cheers

Mick

London u.k.

If you can do it without a wireless router, then yes. Wireless networks don't require special software settings, they are transparent to them.

Thanks for the reply Thomas,

I think I need to configure my wireless router to allow this connection, im not sure how to do it so its time to get the manual out. At the moment I cannot get the dvr software to communicate with the dvr unless its connected to the ethernet port on the pc.

Cheers

Mick

Woops,

Using an IP address of 1.1.1.1 is not very clever

Changed the Ip address and can now view live over wireless network.

Cheers

Mick

yep, should just be plug and play, I have used both wired and wireless Lynksis routers together at once and they work just by plug and play. Though I always set my DVRs (when applicable) to the same IP, makes it easier for service calls, if they ever need one. Wavereader doesnt need anything special, just an IP for the DVR.

If you're interested, I have another program for Kalatel DVRs, I wrote some time ago, its free and its small. Check it out. Obviously doesnt have all the bells and whistles of Wavereader, but 3Mb to 50MB And it is all I normally ever need to do, has simple search by date when in playback mode: (still needs some more work such as remembering IPs, user passwords etc, but for now its all I use:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/ms/download.asp