cctv_down_under

A couple of questions about Geovision

1/ I heard that they have released Facial Recognition, I had heard of Facial Capture but not recognition I am using 8.1, is this something that is new?

2/Has anyone used the GV Keyboard, does it control VGA screens or does it control composite, quite often we use several Geo's and hate having seperate keyboards all the time.

I dont know about the keyboard, but you could get multiple IR remotes, then learn them all into 1 single IR Remote or something like the Phillips Prontos (looks like a pocket PC), which would then let you program some virtual buttons on the main screen, you could then just select DVR1, DVR2, etc .. to control them .. just an idea ..

1/ I heard that they have released Facial Recognition, I had heard of Facial Capture but not recognition I am using 8.1, is this something that is new?

2/Has anyone used the GV Keyboard, does it control VGA screens or does it control composite, quite often we use several Geo's and hate having seperate keyboards all the time.

1. They have not released any Facial Recognition, but as you say Facial Capturing. The FC is scraps from the Facial Recognition project Geovision had a few years back but that they did put dead. With the video quality that is in the main stream today it is not easy to make work, but in the future when all cameras are 10 Megapixels etc we will see this coming.

2. Yes, I have sold GV-Keyboards, they can controll up to 16 GV-System using RS-485, as I remember I think it is onlyRS-485 and USB (Maybe also RS-232). I havent tried them out on any Matrix/Video-Wall solution, I dont think they will work on that. But you can control PTZ camera, but not o good I think, GV will release a Joystick for PTZ Control together with the GV8.2 Software.

Join DVR

2. Yes, I have sold GV-Keyboards, they can controll up to 16 GV-System using RS-485

What are the major benefits to using them over a single PC keyboard with KVM switches. With the KVM switch we can for example just click scroll lock twice then 1-10 for DVRs 1 through 10, to switch between the DVRs. Just curious. Thanks

2. Yes, I have sold GV-Keyboards, they can controll up to 16 GV-System using RS-485

What are the major benefits to using them over a single PC keyboard with KVM switches. With the KVM switch we can for example just click scroll lock twice then 1-10 for DVRs 1 through 10, to switch between the DVRs. Just curious. Thanks

In my opinion, I cant see any benefits! (It could be if you are a security guard sitting and watching the video screens all day that the keyborad can give you some shortcuts etc since you can program a few things on it, but I would stick with a normal keyboard, I also sold normal PC Joysticks for runnings PTZ as well.

JD

Actually the benifits are many....we usually only do camera systems of up to or exceeding 40 cameras, however due to the nature of our business, the office space is small but the network rack is large, having one screen does not suit our application, trying to watch 40 cameras on one screen is too hard and changing means you can miss something...now I know you will say that who really watches that many screens anyhow, but without revealing our type of business I just have to say that in our case we do.

Because office space is always at a premium, we are thinking of using the keyboard option and mounting 3xVGA screens...also the people who run the systems arent all that smart or the smart ones want to play with the PC's...now I know you can lock it down, but it makes sense to dumb it down for them.