Ubon94

How do u tell what card version?

I've been surfing around for the cheapest price on geovision card and trying to understand software vs hardware. I'm looking at the low end GV 600 ..4ch 30fps. I'm a bit confused of what version of the card and what software version does it goes with it?

Does Geovision cards works with their latest software? even if the card it's an older version etc?

How do you tell which card is new and old?

I've seen some website that say it comes with version 7.05 and some website says version 8.0

Please help explain

All new cards should come with at least version 8.0, infact the ones I have been buying of late all come with 8.12. If it comes with 7.05 or earlier then either it is pirated, or just very old. Being very old is not always a bad thing, infact if your PC is slow, then the 7.xx versions will work better than the 8.xx, as 8.xx uses much more memory and CPU and can easily crash a slower, older PC. Though you may miss out on some newer features including codecs like H.264 as well as their Remote Viewlog software.

Typically only the pirated cards are coming with 7.05 these days though, so I would stay clear of those unless you are 100% certain they are legit.

Thank you for replying.

I have also looked at Avermedia cards NV3000,5000, 7000 etc..

I guess Avermedia doesn't make a low end card with 16ch.

To get 16ch. you have to stack them, am i correct?

which is hard to find a motherboard these days that have 4 pci slots.

If you need 16 CH you can get a 16 CH card without the need to stock them. GV also have 16 Channels cards. if you need more than 16 ch you can stock the Avermedia cards but not GV's.

Yes, I see that Geovision have a better range of cards.

Like how Aver have a wide range of IP cams support