Franko180

Geovision Port Forwarding for remote viewing (again!)

Guys, reading back through various threads, I can see the following information regarding ports for Geovision -

80 = h t t p

3550 = TCP Server (bind IP in "Hotline/Network" tab, Used for RemoteView Client)

4550 = Command

5550 = Data

5066 = Remote Playback Server

6550 = Audio

3389 = Remote Desktop Connection

3663 = Authentication Server

Minimum ports for viewing remotely over internet explorer are 80/4550/5500

My question is, how should these be configured? For example some firewalls by default block only incoming connections, but some block both incoming and outgoing connections.

Can someone detail exactly which direction the ports should be allowed? I'm assuming port 80 is forwarded from external to the internal ip address of the CCTV PC, but when what should happen to 4550/5500? Should they also be forwarded from external to the internal IP of the CCTV? Should anything specific be allowed from internal to external?

Thanks

You can forward it each one by one or you can port range it.

Port 80 is not automatic, u still have to forward it.

enable tcp if option is available

Thanks for the reply, but I really need someone to be very specific. You are saying port forward from the external WAN to the LAN interface of the CCTV, ok fine, but what should be allowed out from the internal LAN to the external WAN?

AFAIK "Home" firewalls tend to block incoming connections, but often allow all traffic outbound, but business firewalls by default block traffic both ways, so rules have to be set to allow traffic to flow from the LAN to the WAN interface.

So you are suggesting port forwarding from external WAN to the LAN interface of the CCTV PC, but what should be 'allowed' to flow from the internal LAN to the external WAN interface?

the only ports that must be opened are HTTP, Data, and Command.

Open them anywhere they may be closed, including Windows Firewall, if enabled. For example, I use TCP/IP port Filtering on all DVRs, which closes everything; no web, nothing. In the TCP Port section of that, the HTTP, Data, and Command ports are all that are required for the WebCam Server to work remotely.