anchorjoe

Wireless connection and Web Access on Intranet

Hey Everyone. Has anyone experienced web access problems in the GeoVision system due to wireless signal strength? I have a client that I am working on getting intranet access to the camera system from another PC on his network. The camera PC is connected wirelessly and I am concerned if his signal strength has a direct relation to access through the network.

I have set the Geo S/W to have the web server turned on and I can see that setting active when monitoring. I have also gone through the process of setting up the DNS service and forwarding the necessary ports through the wireless router. Problem I have is when I type in http://xxxxxxx.dipmap.com:8000 I get the screen that says the page can not be displayed. The signal strength on the linksys card on the camera PC indicates two bars which I am guessing is 20-30% signal strength. I do have internet on the camera PC, so I know I have enough signal strength for that function.

Just curious if anyone else has ran into this problem.. Thanks for any assistance...

IMHO runing camera server on wireless connection is way too slow. even if you view the cameras one by one. better hardwire the box to the router/switch you have there.

however that is not your problem yet, as you can't even access the compression selection page. you should see that even if you have dialup there.

check your network setting. In our servers we leave the port default on 80 and not like in your example. if you use 8000 instead you need to adjust the settings in the web server dialog to match.

if Dynamic DNS doesn't work try first with the external IP address. when you get that try again with DDNS.

First see if you can telnet to it,

Telnet IP PORT

Forget DDNS for now, get it working with the IP first.

In Geo WebCam Server, make it port 8000 for the HTTP port.

In Windows Firewall, add port 8000.

Goto Network Connections and Local Area network properties, TCP/IP settings, add a static IP based on the IP range of the connected router:

EG.

IP: 192.168.1.200

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS1: Use the one Assigned by your ISP

DNS2: Use the one Assigned by your ISP

Click apply.

In Router, Applications & Gaming (linksys) or Virtual Servers (others), add port 8000 to 8000, set the DVRs local IP as the IP and name it DVR. Also add in the ports 4550-4550, and 5550-5550 (NOTE- Will not work properly without these); 6550 is optional, only required if you are using audio.

Also make sure nothing else is using port 8000 on that network:

http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/8000/default.htm

If there is, change it for another port, and make the changes in the above settings.

Also see this thread:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3287