libertysurveillance

Geo hotline alerts

I'm trying to use the geovision to send an alert when there is motion in the field of view. The version is 8.12 I can almost get the modem to work with video loss (it dials the phone then hangs up). The intruder alert is grayed out. Any suggestions???

I've never used the hotline setup, I've only used the emailed alerts. However, let me caution you that Geovision will send many many false motion alerts. GV sees trees, and moving shadows, and leaves and moths and lions and tigers and bears as motion. unless you are looking at interior location with consistent lighting, you will probably not be happy with the frequency of bogus alerts. I ende up using an external passive IR system with GV IO card to know when there really is something moving.

There are a bunch of places in GV where you have to setup "alerting" - in the scheduler, on the specific camera (or IO device), in the "general setup" tab.

I have tried several modems and none seem to work with the Geovision hotline alert function. The closest that I have gotten is that the modem dials out, but it will not play the wav file message that I recorded when I answer the phone.

Geovision will not give out exact an exact model number and manufacturer that is certified to work. I have already tried contacting them. They deter users from using this feature, but we have a client that really needs this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone has a working modem, please reply with exact make and model #.

Sincerely.

-Mike

CCTV Camera Pros

Hi!

First; have you tried pci or external modems?

External Modems was working before in the good old days...LOL

JD

I have tried several modems and none seem to work with the Geovision hotline alert function. The closest that I have gotten is that the modem dials out, but it will not play the wav file message that I recorded when I answer the phone.

Geovision will not give out exact an exact model number and manufacturer that is certified to work. I have already tried contacting them. They deter users from using this feature, but we have a client that really needs this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone has a working modem, please reply with exact make and model #.

Sincerely.

-Mike

CCTV Camera Pros