clardy

Panasonic WV-CW864 PTZ and WV-Cu350

I have a Panasonic PTZ WV-CW864 Camera being controled by a Speco (Bless me anyway) DVR Most functions work ok on the viewing end.

My problen I need to have full access to all the functions of the CW-864 so I elected to purchase a Panasonic WV-CU 360 and was told that I could use it as a single channel controler. Has anyone have wiring details ? will this work as a single camera controller?

Thanks

Gary

The CU-360 is intended to be used with Panasonic's DVR's.

If you want a standalone controller, you'll need the CU-161 (either RS-485 or down the coax control)

Using a PC to gain PTZ control short term you could buy a relatively cheap RS232 to RS485 adapter, install PTZ Controller v 2.3 or later which has Panasonic v1 (which is the one you NEED) and v2 protocol, tweak the software and then set the 8 pin panel back to Pelco P and simply keep the standard DVR as a controller when it is all said and done.

The 8 pin panel (located beneath the plastic "tape" seal under the housing "shroud" uses #8 in the ON position for Panasonic protocol..merely do what you need to do then set #8 to the OFF position and set #6 to ON for Pelco P. You can tweak the baud rate using the OSD while interfacing the camera in the Panasonic protocol.

I am new at this so I hope this helps..if not I apologize in advance.

The Panasonic WV-CU161 System Controller and INNOTEK IT-CCU161 Camera Controller can be direct connected to WV-CW864 by using single coaxial cable to control the camera.