Sign in to follow this  
topspin

Avermedia NV5000 disable send images when email after alarm

In the alarm setup, email option, is there a way to disable sending frames?

I need to disable it in order to use this option to text my cell phone. I have a cell that has an email address, testing the account works fine. But if I actually trigger the alarm, the text can't get through because it then tries to attach frames with the email and i guess my phone freaks out and refuses the email.

As of now there is not a way to do that but I will forward your request to AVer to see if they can add that option in next release.

I just got an email from Sonny @ CCTVMegaStore and he was just told by AVerMedia Taiwan that they will add the feature in next release 7.3 early 2008. here is the reply from AVerMedia Network Video BU: "It’s possible, if everything is OK, we can have this function added into 7.3.

You may expected in early 2008."

Good to hear that Aver is working on improving the software.

I managed to pull a trick to get it working though. I setup the alarm email setting to email a regular email address instead of the cell phone. In the email, I'm able to set rules (using Outlook Express). So I created a rule to re-send any email containing a specific word in the subject heading (I used "NV5000") to the cell phone email address. By doing it this way, it's Outlook Express that calls the cell and not the Avermedia software. And doing it this way actually sends the msg to the cell. The cell does report that certain attachments were unable to go through but that's ok.

It would be a nice feature if it were possible to send the photos to a cell phone too.