sinbad

POS log view

I have an issue with GV Capture card V3 and a PC based POS. I can see the POS events log on the server box but can't see the log remotely.

If I'm VNCing the machine and see the system log I can read all the POS data, however when I connect from IE I see the log window blank.

anyone knows what I'm talking about?

thanks.

If your talking about the POS live view for remote viewing, once you open it, you have to wait until transactions take place before they will show up.

To see past transactions remotely, go to the sing camera "Remote Playback", choose the "Advances Search", then "Data Query", then "Pos Data" the pick what till you'd like to look at transactions for.

thx for the reply m8.

I found that way in the advance search of RPB , it's half way there because you have the raw text, but you can't play the associated video. on the GV box @ the POS location I can go to ViewLog button and "Search POS data" and see/play the associated video with the transaction. not so when connecting remotely.

If you login to "POS Live view" remotely you can see the window with the live transactions text. since there are "next/prev transaction" button I think I'm suppose to see the previous transactions listed in the window, or at least be able to flip between them.

The way it is now, the client need to use RPB, then advance search, start time, look at the time of the odd transaction and then use any other GV method to playing that channel in the same time to see the POS text embedded.

what I want to know if there is a way of playing the associated videos like on the local GV?

All you have to do is double click on a line of the raw text and it will instantly playback the associated file, it's great. Then if you click advance search, it takes you right back to the same spot in the pos logs to continue looking at other transactions.

Make sure you have all the ports forwarded (Data ports is where I would look).

I'd make sure all of the following are forwarded:

Webcam

Http – 81

Command – 4550

Data – 5550

Audio – 6550

Mobile Phone – 8866

Mobile Playback – 5511

Control Center

Command – 3388

Data – 5611

Log – 5552 (Remote Viewlog)