Danny79

Camera Terms?

Ok So I finished installing 1 of my cameras on my driveway and boy was it a pain in the rear. I wall ran the cable in the wall up to the attic. Then down to the room where all my wires will be linked to my DVR. Ok my camera is a Speco HT 650 and there are some terms on here that I dont know what they mean and what its for. On the side of the camera is has these switches,

Iris Level - whats that for?

AGC on-off? whats that for?

BLC on-off? whats that for?

FLK on-off? whats that for?

ALC or ELC? whats that for?

Mirror on-off? whats that for?

P/G on-off? whats that for?

Thats what I see on the side of the camera. If someone could be kind enough to explain what they mean and if it helps my picture get clearer? Or how it affects my picture? I really appreciate any help of links that lead to that stuff. Thanks in advance.

Iris level- adjustment for the auto iris lens....AGC-automatic gain control...BLC-back light control....FLK-flickerless....ALC or ELC- do not need to change, should be preselected for type of lens....Mirror- reverses the image on the screen....P/G- ?? cannot find a listing in the manual for this. What is the complete part number for your camera? There are several sites that have the manual for the Speco PTZ HT-650, if that is what you have. Hope this helps.

Its not PTZ its a still dome camera. All it says here as far as model is SPECO HT 650 Series. I have gone through SPECO's website and I cant find anything that relates to those things I listed and what they do if I mess with it. All Im looking for is an explanation on what thos things are and what they do and how it affects the camera.

Iris Level - adjust the lens iris - open/close - bright/dark

AGC on-off - auto gain control - higher makes it brighter under lower light

(some Korean Cameras need this enabled for their "fake" Day Night modes)

BLC on-off - backlight control - for door entries or areas with backlighting, leave it off unless you really need it

FLK on-off - flikkerless mode - n/a

ALC or ELC - n/a

Mirror on-off - simply mirrors the image

P/G on-off - n/a