Bob La Londe

Philips VC89 755T

Does anybody know if it is possible to break out the 4 pin cable on the Philips VC89 755T camera so that it can be powered from an independent power supply and feed video to a conventional monitor an/or recorder?

I have a site with a dozen of these cameras attached to 3 Philips' proprietary VS22805T monitor switchers. They would like to eliminate these and use a single 16 channel DVR and (DS2) and monitor.

I checked the cables with both a test monitor and a volt meter. I get viewable but distorted video on black/yellow or green/yellow. Slightly better on black/yellow with yellow as ring. I get 15VDC between green(+) and black(-) or yellow(-), and I get 21VDC btween green(+) and red(-). AC voltage varied from about 20 millivolts to about 300 millivolts. None seemed to be as high as regular composite video.

The back of the camera says it will operate on anywhere from 9.6 to 27VDC so I think that providing a power supply will be no problem, but figuring out how to break it out is being a pain.

I hate to replace and run new cable for a dozen cameras that are otherwise functioning properly. Any suggestions?

For all practical purposes it can't be done. They Bosch Philips has an interface box, but it doesn't really work for anything except providing for injecting an external video signal in the stream. Their documentation shows a connection to an external monitor, and even show a connection for an external power supply, but according to Bosch Tech support it really doesn't work for things like multiplexing and attaching to DVRS etc...

According to them the camera does not provide proper vertical sync. If you try to use the signal from the VS29039T interface box for much of anything you will get distorted video and tearing.

That's about what I got when I broke out the cable manually and tested it with a test monitor.

In other words..... Don't try to upgrade a Bosch/Philips obeservation system. It can't be done. You have to replace the cameras along with everything else.

Hi Bob

I did this with some cheap Kmart cameras one time that used telco wire to their own monitors.

I used a 15Volt Power Supply for each camera. These had audio so I had to deal with that also, but basically got video off the wire and ground for the video came from the 15V power supply.

In other words, try connecting the yellow wire to Your Video Input SIGNAL on the CCTV Monitor/DVR, the black wire (or whichever will be ground) to the ground from the 15V power supply, and also to the Video Input GROUND on the CCTV monitor/DVR, and Red from the 15V power Supply to Red (power) going into the camera.

Rory