lefloresg80

Dynamic IP/Remote Viewing Help

Hello All,

Here's the deal:

I bought a Dell Computer with a KMC-8016D Card. At the moment I have two cameras installed. My network setup is direct from the computer to the ADSL router. The router is a TP-Link 8840 router. I have already configured the DDNS settings with DynDns_org and apparently done the port forwarding. Yet I can't log on to the Diginet Site. At the moment when the DynDns works I am directed to the router not Diginet.

As an example the DynDns is *_homeip_net. This doesn't work nor does *_homeip_net:8081 where the _ are points.

Any help! Thanks!

Not familiar with that router but if you are seeing the router's page and not the desired interface then one of two things are happening. The most likely is that your router is not correctly set up to port forward. Portforward dot com may help you with your router.

The second, less likely, is that somehow you are putting your router's internal IP into dynamic dns.

If you're using dyndns download their free updater program to make keeping your dynamic dns up to date hassle free.

I've done the port forwarding and installed the dyndns. I've also checked that it's reading the IP well.. but nothing I can't manage to get it to work.

Ok.. so I'm working backwards.. it seems that Apache was missing.. so I have installed the Apache server 2.2 on the machine. Now the problems is in configuring Apache at least to get it to work in the internal network... Anyone help?

completely beyond me

contact company for help

also you can go DMZplus mode (wouldn't reccomend though)

if it works when you do this you will know at least that it is a firewall blocking your remote and not something else (ie: port forewarding failure)

sometimes manuals give you crap port ranges, this could explain it.

also try going to start/programs/run - type in "command" type in ipconfig /all

let us know what it says when you do...diagnostics can be attained from that info.

lol i think you are putting in the router IP and not the static (or dynamic)...that would explain alot

is it 192.168.blah blah?

or 192.254.blah blah?

if so thats the router, and not what you want unless you are connecting on a local network

hi. please set the ip of your computer to static ip. then on port forwarding input the ip address of your computer. also enable the software to pass on the firewall of your computer.

please check on the status of the router what ip address your isp provides you and check on this website internetfrog.com what ip address they see you are using. if the ip are both the same then you are using public ip address . if not you are using private ip.

On the router, check that it's not using port 80 for it's admin page. If it is, change it to something else like port 8080. Ususally it's in the remote admin or remote configuration section of the router.