Soundy

Generic PTZ control software?

Did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything related...

I'm just looking for some kind of basic (preferably freeware) PTZ control software that I can throw on my laptop for troubleshooting PTZ cameras. You know, connect laptop serial port direct to camera at the camera location, fire up software, test functionality. Most of the cameras I'm working with so far are either D, P, or Fastrack protocols, so nothing too fancy needed.

Any suggestions?

You can download the PTZ Pro 15 day Trial Version from www.vidiguard.com

The current 1.16 version supports Pelco D, P and CTNCOM protocols. I am shortly going to release the next version that will also support Kalatel, Philips/Bosch and Panasonic WV-CW850 protocols. It will support different brands of cameras running different protcols and baud rates (much like Geovision and others do) - but with the advantage of considerably greater flexibility in terms of Patrols, Presets, Schedules and Sunrise/Sunset functionality. We use PTZ Pro on many of our Geovision PC-based DVR installations where the customer requires greater PTZ control than that provided by Geovision. You can also breathe new life into older PTZ Cameras by driving the camera under software control rather than relying solely upon the autonomous features of the camera firmware. PM me with any questions, comments or feature requests.