Beachboy223

GV-1240 slow remote viewing

Hello every one!

First let me thank every body for all the helpfull post

I need help

It is normal that a gv-1240 and a gv-1480 using remote view after you connect to the server take time loading the cameras ?and if you use any standalone ex jpeg2000 cameras come in righ away, is there any trick to make it faster?

Second: the gv-1480 have a 500gb hd with 2 partition (first partition C: 20g(like Rory said:)) for operated system and D:480g for geovision files what the best way to ad a second HD (500)? do i have to raid?

Thank you Very Much George

Hi, it can be a small delay, but depends on the connections at both ends, and the compression on the DVR's webcam.

Couple tips: Start at 1 as 1-4 together will be ultimate lowest quality but fastest connection/video.

1-If you have a slow internet connection, try changing the webcam compression to H.264.

2-Connect in lowest quality then switch after it has loaded all cameras.

3-Connect with bandwidth set to modem if possible (not sure if that option is in the program you are using)

4-Disable Direct Draw Overlay (not sure if that option is in the program you are using)

As for the hard drive, you can just add it in as a normal second drive, create a folder in it as you would on the first drive, and assign that folder in Geo in addition to the existing one. You could do RAID if you wanted, though I dont have experience in that area and I believe it would bring the cost of the DVR up considerably to do it right.

Hello! Rory

Thank you very much for the tips

I was just playing with your livescangeo and simplevuegeo and the pictures comein right away it fly (12 cameras) ,the internet conection is cable (comcast) i will follow your advice

Thanks Again George