Bolla

Jumpin' Jack Flash ?

Gv800-16 up and running.

AVC 588 (1/3" Panasonic ccd)with varifocal autoiris

RG59 cabling

Some strange behavior on some cameras sometimes:

Jumping picture: Triggers the motion detect and gives me a lot

of nothing-videoevents.(No - its not the mounting!)

Flashing: The picture goes from all white to all black. Up and down.

Anyone with a guess ?

Bolla[/img]

Not sure about the all black then white problem, bu the jumping pictures could be due to a few things... 1/ did you install direct X9a before installing the Geo Software? 2/ Is it possible your system is not powerfull enough...cpu power or video card, when overloading a CPU this can happen but is indeed rare, best way to check is to only have one camera connected and do not record it and see if still persists, 3/ Quite possible you have power coming back through the Coax, makes sense if you have a camera playing up, is it always the same camera? can you dis connect onew by one each camera and see if problem stops.

4/Make sure you are not recording to the C: drive, you could be strangling the O/S and making the system work too hard.

Hope this helps,

GC

have you eliminated "crossovers"? What I mean is, trace the cable and make sure it's not crossing power lines, cables, or anything else that "induces" voltage onto your video cable. Line induction interference is always worse when the circuit is "on". I had a install where there was a spike with some flashes on several cameras. I finally mailed it; it was the electric fence used to keep the horses in! All the video cable that was ground burried was "induced" by the fence ""zapper". After reinstalling the cable to protect from the induction, all worked well from there out. The quality of the cable, connectors, and methods of installation are all very influential in the end result of video. Seperating and safeguarding those cables makes all the difference in the world. Yes, you might be able to "block" the induced signals, but, you may induce other problems along the way. Hope this helps.

Does anyone out there have a good method of "blocking" unwanted signal inteference? ie. those neat little ferrite "doughnuts" that are found on some video cables...the poor quality ones? Can they be applied to RG and have the same result? And realize, if the cable comes with a ferrite attached, that cable is most likely sub quality to begin with? AC line blockers

Ok. Thank you.

All (9) cameras got the jumping.

The flashing is on 2 of them.......

Dvr-Experts #1,2 and 4 checks OK.

Guess I have some cable-checking to do then.

What would be a "safe distance" between 220V 16 amp <-> Coax ?

Again: Thanks !

I always look to stay atleast 1ft away from any other wires and if possible I also "look" behind the wall or ceiling to avoid any floresent light fixtures, electric signs, and anything else that may induce. If you constantly think protecting the wires you will quickly develope a keen eye in spotting potiential problems. And keep in mind, you may run your cable perfect today but an electrician may come behind you 6 months later and install a hot tub and run his ac line along yours. You have to be one with the video cable ObieWan!