bigdavelamb

Camera for still outdoor well lit images

Hi

I have a specific application, I have cars that drive into a well lit bay, I wish to have 6 cameras positioned around the vehicle and take 6 images of the vehicle from these different angles, I wish to save these images and review at a later date to check if there is damage (i.e. scratches, dents) on the vehicle. I am therefore happy to take Still images of the vehicle and save these if that would be better for quality as I feel this is all about what will give me the best quality to see the damage. Can anyone recommend the best cameras (I assume IP is the way to go as well)?

Thanks very much.

Dave

Hi Dave

Given that you have stated that the cars are static in a well lit area this sounds like a perfect application for CMOS Megapixel cameras. There are various 5 Megapixel cameras on the market, many close to the price of a quality analogue camera but over 10 x the resolution. Try Avigilon.com or pm me for more information. Where are you based?

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin

Thanks for the response. I had a look at the cameras which certainly look usable, I met with the customer today and I do not think we are going to be able to use a covered bay as there are large vehicles that will be using the lane as well, so it unfortunately changes things a little, obviously this means lighting becomes an issue, however we have free reign to install any lighting we require (just not covered). I also was wondering whether it may be best to use a Stills camera as I only need one shot of each vehicle.

All the best.

Dave