Sign in to follow this  
liv4ree

one vcr with 2 monitors

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. My primary business is telephone, catv, network wiring and home audio. I have been asked to wire up an exsiting cctv job. Cameras are already in place. There are 4 cameras. The receiver (if that is what you call it has 4 camera inputs, a vcr in, vcr out, and monitor out. The customer wants a monitor behind the counter, a monitor in the office, and the vcr in the office. The office is about 40' from the counter. My thinking is to do the following.

4 cameras into receiver inputs, vcr out of receiver into vcr in on vcr.

Monitor output to onitor behind the counter

VCR out on the vcr to the 2nd monitor in the office.

Does this sound feesible??

Thanks for you help in advance, Bobby..

The quad that you have most likely has an expansion on playback ability and that is why you have a vcr in and vcr out connector as well as a monitor connector. The hookup should be the 4 cameras to the quad and then the vcr out connector on the quad goes to the vcr in connector on the vcr. That leaves the vcr in connector on the quad that hooks up to the vcr's vcr out connector. Hope that isn't too confusing. Then the monitor connector goes to the first monitor. On the first monitor you will see a video in and video out plug set. The monitor out on the quad goes to the video in on the first monitor. Then you take another cable from the video out on the first monitor and run it to the second monitor's video in. Depending on the monitor you should also see a slide switch that has 75 on one side and an ohm sign on the other. The first monitor has to be in the loop through position so the switch has to be set opposite to the 75. The second monitor is the terminating monitor so that switch should be set at 75. Simple isn't it?

Here is a link to a quad manual that might help. Page 7 has a wiring diagram. Even though it may not be the same quad it has similar wiring. Click on the MV45 manual link.

http://www.americandynamics.net/support/documents_index.aspx?docType=7

Thanks a bunch. I had also emailed rory, and he was a big help. You guys are awesome.. As I told rory, i have been asked many times in the past year about doing CCTV, and always shyed away from it as I have very very little knowledge about it. Hopefully folks like you will be a big help in my endeavor. Thanks again, Bobby...