a-casanova

AverDigi 1304Net Issue

Hello everyone, recently i purchased a 1304 for my home general surveillance system. The unit appears to work just fine read the PDF manual on their website yet i cant find an answer to my problem. The DVR displays a "Power Error detected" message. I have tried 3 different sockets all conditioned to 60Hz 120 Volts. Could this be due to improper shutdown of the unit, as i cant find any literature that specifies how to properly shut the DVR down. Any information you guys can provide would be appreciated.

that onscreen error is displayed only when the power has been shut off or it has been intrupted. intrupted can be a negative surge. error tells you that something caused a electrical power outage which results in no video recorded. this is to inform you if a smart thief tries to out whit you by unplugging the 1304 during his/her shift?

this is normal, unless the power is 100% via a battery backup/surge protector.

Thank you very much VST_Man, for your response. Is there a proper method of powering down this DVR, there are no instruction on the manual for this procedure. Is it as simple and crude as pulling the plug??

You will get that message on the screen right after power has been restored. The unit is still recording, just that message is displayed. The DVR will boot itself back up, it is just that you will get this message right in the middle of the screen. It should read "press any key to continue". I almost always have a UPS behind any DVR, and even the camera power supply. APC, Tripplite, and Ultra are the only ones I have ever used.

I think if you stop recording and then unplug will avoid that message. I'll check with iLink Professionals, where I buy all my products from and will try to get back to this post.