sensiblue

IP Cameras Keeps loosing connection.

Hi,

This is my first post, but i have been reading and learning a lot from this forum.

I have a problem with 5 ip cameras, first of all i bought dahua 1.3 mp , and dahua 16 ch NVR.

Here is the problem, I set up this nvr in the front office and connected 4 ip cameras directly, No problems. At the back server room , where all main internet box (c-beyon and cisco router connected to it) i connected POE (48 V , 8 Ports) switch to cisco and connected all the remaining 5 cams to poe. First time it took some time to plugged each and configured their ip's. It worked about 2 days and all of a sudden , remaining 5 cams are blank , i scan the network, i don't see the cam's ips. When i restarted it still didn't see ip's on the network but entering manually on i.e., opens the login page , however, it will not log in it keeps saying wrong username / pass.

First i reset , everything worked after 2 hrs , i left the system working , but less than 2 days , same thing. At first i thought there is a problem with the POE switch , I bypassed some cameras and directly connected 12V power adapter at the end. It worked , same thing less than 2 days again the cameras are lost.

I really don't understand what i am doing wrong.

I set the ip according to router's range 192.168.1.1--254. so i set them up like 192.168.1.150--155, subnet masks are the same , 255.255.255.0 , Def Gateway: 192.168.1.254,

By the way router is set with static ip from C-Beyond.

I contacted where i got the cameras from and they told me router and the nvr has to be at the same router, no switch nothing.

I appreciate any help , since the problem doesn't look like POE, i must be doing something wrong with network setup.

Thanks.

Josh.

maybe first u can see the log of ipc , if it has the sign of reboot . if have , u need to check out the voltage or the others .if not have ,u need to check out the log of the NVR. if the sign of reboot is exist .

Hi,

This is my first post, but i have been reading and learning a lot from this forum.

I have a problem with 5 ip cameras, first of all i bought dahua 1.3 mp , and dahua 16 ch NVR.

Josh.

I'm afraid Dahua has a batch of defective cameras, because I had to deal with the same problem. Empire Security kindly sent a replacement Dahua HFW2100 and I'm waiting for it.

One thing I noticed is that the Dahua HFW2100 sets first the default IP as 192.168.1.108 regardless of the static IP you set, then, after that, it will change to the configured IP.

Whar router (brand/model) are you using?

Thank you for all your replies.

First of all they have C-Beyond Internet / Phone System , from the back of this device router comes in (Linksys Home Router WRT 120N)

i will try it with a separate router and different subnet to test to see if it will last more than 2 days.

Interestingly , cameras keep the same ip , for example i changed to 192.168.1.150 and i try to log in trough ie it shows the login page , but when i put the credentials it says login failed wrong username/password. Also same time i run a ip scanner on the network , it doesn't show the ip . 4 of the cameras i connected to back of the NVR itself.

They are working fine, I changed POE and tested , still the same result.

Tomorrow i will try it with different network and test it , I will post the outcome.