Sign in to follow this  
buellwinkle

Mobotix Support???

Is Mobotix going downhill or is it me? I opened a support case 2 weeks, never heard back, opened one up a few days ago, never heard back, emailed their main office this morning, never heard back. They are based in Wall St. and I had better luck getting through to them during Sandy than I do know.

I get better support response from Dahua, OK, maybe not that bad, but close.

UPDATE: Their support email box is full. Contacted the country manager that asked me to use a different email.

Certainly doesn't bode well for them. And how can an email box be full? Come on, in today's day of practically free storage, there is no reason an email box would ever be full, unless it was inundated with spam and viruses, which is a whole different problem for them.

Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Mobotix in the last 4 years or so. They still have the same stuff they were selling, just in different form factors. No new innovations. The Q24 was pretty impressive back in the day, but now all of the major vendors have 360 degree cameras that run circles around the Q24 that hasn't been refreshed since it came out 3 or 4(?) years ago.

Maybe, like their products, they need to refresh their mail server as well

After working with the country manager, they finally got back to me, 3 weeks after opening a ticket. By then I already fixed it myself and going to their forum and getting help from non-Mobotix people. So Dahua and Mobotix are now tied for taking the longest to get back to me, LOL.

For this one project, the decentralized approach helps out a lot and you are correct, they were miles ahead in 2009 with clear sharp 3MP images and very good low light sensitivity for it's day. I reserving judgment on advancements for when the D15s are installed, just waiting for trenching and cabling. They claim 4x better low light sensitivity.

They did have two fairly recent innovations though. The S14/15 is a very cool design for high end homes/business that want discretion without compromising quality. Also, the 15 series has the option of thermal. Also they've come out with recent doorbell cams for the high end, not sure anyone else sells a higher end doorbell cam.