Sign in to follow this  
raycctv

dvr pci card and via chipset

hi all anyone got an 8 ch dvr pci card runing in via chipset motherboard as i have an old pc around and was looking to use it for a cctv build. its a soltek sl-72mivr2 with sempron 2400 cpu 2gb ram x8 agp, i have heard its hit and miss as to them working.

any help appreciated thanks

hi all anyone got an 8 ch dvr pci card runing in via chipset motherboard as i have an old pc around and was looking to use it for a cctv build. its a soltek sl-72mivr2 with sempron 2400 cpu 2gb ram x8 agp, i have heard its hit and miss as to them working.

any help appreciated thanks

y experience with VIA chipset is sometimes it works, sometimes it dosent work!

VIA chipset is the LADA in the motherboard world.

For instance, can a Geovision COmbo card work on one VIA chipset MB, but a non Combo card dosent work, then other times, it is the other way aorund or none of them work.

So make it easy I always use INTEL. But sometimes I also use old PC stuff to build some DVR systems that I give away to friends and familly, usually PC parts from different places and DVR cards from sites that has been upgraded.

JD

thanks will try it when kit comes, im the same i always buy intel kit never amd, via but had a spare mobo so going try and get this to work (fingers crossed) should be ok if not will get a new intel mobo oh also what about nvidia chipsets whats the news on them...

cheers

thanks will try it when kit comes, im the same i always buy intel kit never amd, via but had a spare mobo so going try and get this to work (fingers crossed) should be ok if not will get a new intel mobo oh also what about nvidia chipsets whats the news on them...

cheers

you would be entering a world of pain by using via or sis chipsets.. generally your pc would be prone to crashing.. it really is not worth it.. system becomes unstable and you would end up trying to fix errors after errors.. i have tried via chipsets a long long time ago.. and have learned my lesson...

be safe and always use nvidia.

you would be entering a world of pain by using via or sis chipsets.. generally your pc would be prone to crashing.. it really is not worth it.. system becomes unstable and you would end up trying to fix errors after errors.. i have tried via chipsets a long long time ago.. and have learned my lesson...

be safe and always use nvidia.

Using VIA chipset for DVR is like using a car without brakes!

JD

hmm you got me thinking now but what about nvidia chipsets, surely all chipset can be bad. also guys i gomy 540tvl cams today image is well better than bullet cam i had but they are big is there a way i can conceal them and also there is a red glow to the IR dim but noticeable, think 840nm bight as anything though.

see i have beem having problems with young lads throwing stones at windows so want to catch them at it think my 540tvl and 704x288 dvr card will do it. Bullets are great in day but suck bad at night, but my 540tvl can be seen they aing small like the bullets nor mid size like the 10-12 leds 429tvl cams you see.

help apprecaited

update:

hi well the redish glow of the ir leds isnt that bright infact can barely see them. also would like to know what these dual ccd cam lenses in a single housing are like does anyone have images or footage taken. 8ch card still not here @ 704 x 288 recording is this any good.

oh i paid £142 for x3 540tvl not sure what the rating is in black and white but from crappy easy cap usb i have recoding on the 1ch only @ 640 x 480 looks good, your thoughts appreciated