Buns

Decent DVR card for stable system.

Hi guys,

I am also fairly new to CCTV so please understand.

I currently have a setup installed about 6 months ago by myself for the company I work for. It is only running 4 cameras at the moment but the boss has asked me to upgrade it to 8, due to expansion of the property.

It came from ebay and it is one of those Chinese (BT878) capture cards. It came with "PICO 2000" as the software, which work great for about the first two months !

Since then I have tried many programs, (Active webcam, Eyeline and Luxriot because it is so highly rated), but they weren't able to pick up the card and attached cameras.

The only thing that did work was the latest trial version of PICO but the did not respond to me after inquiring about full version. At the moment it is running "DICO 800", as a last resort, however, the recordings are playing up.

Anyway, could someone please tell me which would be a suitable replacement card from a reliable company that comes with decent software or a similar solution to this problem.

I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Aaron

What's your budget?

From my own experience, I can recommend Vigil or VideoInsight as having solid hardware (both use the same card) and excellent software. They're not cheap, especially compared to eBay junk, but in this business, you really do get what you pay for.

Many others here will recommend GeoVision as well - I don't like them, personally, but they're pretty popular for the mid-level systems.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

My budget is around the $500 mark, but seeing the prices of Geovision, I may as well stretch it a few more hundred it works well.

I had a look at Vigil and VideoInsight and they really good, however, I think that they are a bit big for our company.

Are their anymore cards that compare up to Geovision ?

Because I read on another thread here that Geovisions are all copys. I would rather try for an original, if anyone makes them for that price.

Thanks again,

Aaron

I dont know which thread you read that on, Geovision are not all copys.

One CAN find copys by accident but mostly on Ebay or unreputable online stores. Most well known stores sell the real thing. BTW the copy is not even close to the real thing, unless one wants instability and bad quality.